Tag Archives: roguelike
Here’s some gemtastic quotes from some of this year’s 7dRL Challenge declared failures:
- “Adding rouge-like properties…” – It’s hard to program in a genre you can’t spell
- “I drew the theme “invade” from a hat, and also the feature “ASCII” — but from a shoe that time. Your guess is as good as mine as to what this all means.” – If you have to guess what your game’s going to be I’ll guess it’s going to be a failure
- “http://tbd.somewhere.out.there.com/” – With a progress blog like that you’re doomed to forever singing this song:
- “First ever in my life I’ll program in Java – I hate it unspeakably – and for Android – first ever I saw/use one in ’12 Dec. ” – 7dRL is not the time for “First ever in my life” and really not for anything that includes the words “I hate it”
- “…Unity…” – Awwwww. To be fair, several successes used Unity to great effect.
- “Windows (sorry)” – Apologizing for supporting the most popular OS is a bad sign
- “No idea what is roguelike.” – Also no idea what is success
- “no pre-built engine or libraries” – Also no built or post-built ones.
- “I hate going to the grocery store. This roguelike is inspired by that.” – This one I actually really want to see, hopefully it gets made in the future.
However! If your reason for failure included the following words, all is forgiven:
“My first roguelike”
“I learned a lot”
“I’ll be back next year!”
New alternate font now available!
Full change log:
- Menu tweaks
- Added ability to choose a more traditional font
- Refactored to remove tearing on screen changes
Get it here: http://squidpony.com/AttackTheGeth1.4.zip
Big feature add in this edition is the credits:
Changes from previous edition:
- Added Credits screen
- Changed “Exit” on main menu to “Exit Game”
- Added custom icon to the window
This version is still essentially the same as the 7dRL version, no gameplay changes have been made.
Geth it here: http://squidpony.com/AttackTheGeth1.3.zip
Based on player feedback!
Get it here: http://squidpony.com/AttackTheGeth1.2.zip
- Re-ordered robot choices from approximately easiest to hardest
- Slightly changed help screen
- Auto-sizes to best fit the display space without being too large
- Examining enemies now shows their attack range
- Field of View is now perfectly symmetrical, if you can shoot them they can shoot you!