Tag Archives: Swing
New alternate font now available!
Full change log:
- Menu tweaks
- Added ability to choose a more traditional font
- Refactored to remove tearing on screen changes
Get it here: http://squidpony.com/AttackTheGeth1.4.zip
Based on player feedback!
Get it here: http://squidpony.com/AttackTheGeth1.2.zip
- Re-ordered robot choices from approximately easiest to hardest
- Slightly changed help screen
- Auto-sizes to best fit the display space without being too large
- Examining enemies now shows their attack range
- Field of View is now perfectly symmetrical, if you can shoot them they can shoot you!
Attack The Geth is the name of my 7dRL project for this year.
I’m starting the project at 21:00 MDT on March 10th.
I’ll be doing the programming entirely in Java, using SquidLib as a base for the UI.
Project features are to include fancy use of FOV algorithms and a Mass Effect universe inspired setting.
Want to have a convenient grid world display in Java?
Freshly streamlined, SquidLib is the successor to SquidGrid, MonoSpaceDisplay, and libjcsi. With three great display libraries as ancestors, SquidLib has the refinement and tools to make any text grid work easy.
This library is meant to be an answer to ncurses for Java Swing, but goes beyond the tools of ncurses.
Current features include:
- Place characters on grid arbitrarily
- Set foreground and background colors for each cell individually
- Place strings on grid arbitrarily
- Place blocks of characters on grid arbitrarily
- Dynamic resizing of grid
- Dynamic changing of font
- Arbitrary fonts stay monospaced
- Select specifically what characters must fit in the cells
SquidLib is under active development, so please add any comments or suggestions to the issues tracker on the GitHub site.